Saturday, 27 October 2007

Nuffield Scholarship in California


Well, I have just spent my first week in California and in five days I have met seventeen people to discuss water associated issues both in Sacramento and the University of California at Davis. A very busy week with a wealth of notes to write up! What have I learnt ? Well, that the issues in Utah and California aren't really very different to the UK, rising urban population that needs houses and space; farmers producing food in an environment of growing concern on how efficiently resources are used, the impact of farming on the environment and questions on the potential results of climate change and how that might affect farming practice and urban life into the future. What are the solutions to our problems? Well I will have to think on that a bit longer.

Along the way on my US quest I have spotted in Davis, CA some London route master buses amidst the palm trees!

No comments: